Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome everyone to my Disney College Program blog for Fall 2010. My name is Travis Schroeder and I'm glad you have stopped by to read my blog. Feel free to make comments on how I can improve my blog. I'm hoping to find a Disney theme soon to replace the default themes.

Applications came out yesterday on January 20th, 2010. I applied for the program today and passed my web-interview. I was so excited to get the strong candidate message. I was stressing over this interview but it ended up not being too bad. I have scheduled my phone interview for next Tuesday, January 26th at 3:00 PM. This gives me the weekend to study up on the roles I selected.

The roles I selected on my application were: QSFB (Quick Service Food and Beverage), Merchandise, Attractions, Main Entrance Operations, Recreation, Full Service Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Concierge, and Character Attendant. I'm still debating what roles to put as my Top 3 right now, but at the moment, they are: Attractions, Merchandise, and Main Entrance Operations. These might change by next Tuesday, but this is what I want to do right now.

I am a huge Disney fan. My last trip to Walt Disney World was in January 2009. I had so much fun that I hope I can make a career with Disney after I graduate from college. At the end of this month, I'm going on a 4-day cruise on the Disney Wonder (part of Disney Cruise Line). This will be my 4th cruise with DCL, so I know what the ships are like. :)

I hope to start a vlog soon to document the WDWCP application process and possibly my adventures on the Disney Cruise Line. I will let you all know if I decide to do that.

For now, I'm excited that one part of my Disney College Program dream is complete: the web interview. Have a magical day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment